On page is the most important technology for website ranking. If you’re on page SEO should be good your site will be get good ranking in search engines. The following 15 simple factors will helps to you to make your website SEO friendly.
SEO on Page Factors
- Design should be good.
- Make sure Navigation simple and easy.
- Make sure all 301 redirection to right URL.
- Generate sitemap.XML.
- Create robots.txt.
- Write relevant titles.
- Use H1, H2, H3 tags for headings.
- Put alt tags for images.
- Write unique and quality content.
- Decrease keyword stuffing.
- Use right anchor text.
- Check 404 errors and fix it.
- Avoid canonical errors.
- Register Google webmasters & Analytics.
SEO on Page Explained
- Design – Make sure your website design should be good and clarity to the users and search engines by industry professionals. http://moz.com/beginners-guide-to-seo/basics-of-search-engine-friendly-design-and-development
- Navigation – Make your website navigation simple and easy to read your website and understand to users. https://www.distilled.net/blog/seo/site-navigation-for-seo/
- Redirection – Redirect your web pages to right pages properly to checking previous your website URL’s. Here is 301 guide: http://moz.com/learn/seo/redirection
- Sitemaps – Create sitemap.html page for user. Generate sitemap.xml for search engines to following sitemap generate free tool http://www.xml-sitemaps.com/
- Robots.txt – Create robots.txt file to your website to crawl your web pages. For more info you can follow Google support link: https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/156449?hl=en
- Meta Title – Title is the major part in SEO. Major search engines provide relevant results based on title only. So make sure your titles should be smart and relevant to your pages. Here is source: http://moz.com/learn/seo/title-tag
- Heading Tags – Use h1 tags for main heading and you can write your sub headings to using h2 and h3 tags. Following link will help you to create heading tags. http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_hn.asp
- ALT Tags – Google does not crawl images that are the reason you need to use alternate text for images. Write alt text and titles when you’re using images. To write alt tags: https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/114016?hl=en
- Content – Quality and unique content is always plus point to your website and search engines, because search engines always expects new information to provide users. Make sure your content should be best. Here are guidelines about content. http://moz.com/blog/future-of-content-upcoming-trends-in-2014
- Keywords – Avoid keyword stuffing and over optimization. If it’s necessary you can use relevant tags to relevant pages with meaning full information to users and search engines. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyword_stuffing
- Anchor Text – It is very important technology to increase ranking. Anchor text is the highlighted title and link to landing relevant page. Give your hyperlinks to the right text in right place. Anchor text tips: http://www.wordstream.com/anchor-text
- Page not found – Check it 404 errors and re direct to relevant page or update content in that page to working properly. Read Google support guide about 404 error – https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/2409439?hl=en
- Canonical Issues – you can use canonical tag for duplicate content pages. Must verify your web pages and fix it. Canonical tag and instructions source: https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/139066?hl=en
- Google webmaster tools and Google Analytics – Create Google account and register webmaster tools and analytics to your website. Google webmaster tool provides information about your website pages and Google analytics provides statistics about your website. Those two tools are completely free. http://moz.com/blog/an-updated-guide-to-google-webmaster-tools ; http://moz.com/blog/google-analytics-checklist-for-new-projects
Follow the above important SEO Techniques for on page and optimize your web pages smartly for user and SEO friendly.